REALLY OFF TOPIC: (with a point...

From: Alex (3raf7@qlink.queensu.ca)
Date: 06/20/96

hidden at the bottom...)

On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Imps of MB2 wrote a very pretty .sig file here...

> |------------------------------------------|
> |   Nexus, Genius, Kurupt, Slab, Wyvern    |
> |       Imps of Malacious Bliss 2          |
> |    TELNET: linus.missconet.com 4000      |

I like all these lines...

> |     WWW: www.missconet.com/~circle       |
I don't like this... always makes me stop and think exactly what protocol
this would follow, then I realize that they've just fallen prey to that
netscapism which has infiltrated society to the point where noone realizes
that 'http://' actually has a meaning...

> |       MAIL: circle@missconet.com         |
> |------------------------------------------|

Now... this was obviously off-topic... for a reason... now, we're all
grown up people (unlike one or two I could mention on other mailing
lists, but that's beside the point, no?), and we have to be sortof
tolerant about off-topic posts... this probably goes way past that,
but again, that was the point of it.  Advertising a mud on here is
probably not going to get you a lot of players... most of the people
on this list are coders, builders, or players interesting in the workings,
or whatever.  However, advertising some of your features with some
idea of how you put them together is obviously going to be welcome,
since that is what we are all here for... to advance our knowledge.
Also, if you feel the need to constantly rebut everything sent your
way, please take it to private email at the least... that way we all
don't have to put up with the argument.  We all enjoy a good flame
once in a while, but rgmd seems to have more than enough of those to
go round... let's keep them there, shall we?
I hope I haven't been too preachy, but let's try to take this to heart,
and get on with putting together muds that'll knock the socks off of
them Merc people. *grin*

--
Erm... Yeah.  Whatever.