NEWBIE: Where is affect set? (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (bhchan@po.EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 06/21/96

From: Kevin Wing <wing@one.net>

	Ok, here's the thing.  I've coded in a new spell called rage, in
   which the caster's damroll is doubled, but they will always get hit no
   matter what ac or whatever.  The damroll part works great, it's the
   always hit part that gives me trouble.  When I cast the spell, instead
   of setting aff_rage, it sets unused.  I have it set in magic.c:
   af[0].bitvector = AFF_RAGE;, I used AFF_UNUSED16 and changed it to
   AFF_RAGE, yet it still sets unused..

Go to constants.c, find all the other AFFs and add "RAGE" to the end :)
If you want them to get hit all the time, why not just go to the diceroll
part of the fight, and fudge the diceroll?  ie: if AFF_FLAGGED(<target>,
AFF_RAGE) diceroll = (either 1 or 20, forgot which way the stock diceroll
falls, but I'll leave it as an academic exercise for you.)

-- Billy  H. Chan     bhchan@po.eecs.berkeley.edu  bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu
   CogSci/CompSci     http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan     ResumeInside