Re: OFF TOPIC: nonsense (was: [ADV.] Malacious Bliss 2)

trice@california.com
Date: 06/22/96

On Sat, 22 Jun 1996, Daniel W. Burke wrote:

> Why does everyone have to be such pricks about every little thing?
> The net is littered with hot-head pricks, and it's rediculous.
>
> I read the ad, said to myself "gee, an add", deleted it and went about my
> day.  It's a lot less headache for everyone if you all just ignore it.
>
> Go ahead and flame me for this, I'll just read it and say "gee, a flame"
> delete it and go about my day.

Not intending to flame, at all.  Your point is valid... sort of.  If I
recall the person said that there was so much other off-topic stuff on
the list that his adveritsement would make no difference.  What if some
other people thought, "Well, he posted his advertisement, they won't mind
if I posted mine."  Then what do we have?  A CircleMUD listing, not a
coder/admin mailing list.  There's other people out there that have the
same mind set as the original poster (which is incorrect, IMHO...  it's
like saying just because some guy commits a crime you can go ahead and do
it, too).

This is not the appropriate forum for advertising.  If they want to
advertise, they can have someone else post on the newsgroups for them or
advertise via Andrew's MUD Connector (http://www.absi.com/mud).  Not to
mention getting their address placed on one of the several other MUD
lists out there.  They are in no way limited to just mailing their
advertisement here, so that eliminates that excuse.  There's no excuses left.

	-dak