CODE (Varied): Adding and modifying player chars.

From: Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira (eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)
Date: 06/24/96

Hello guys..

I have several quizes for the coder gurus in the list (I could *try* to
code this myself but I must admit I am learning C by ear here..:)

I was looking to implement several things in my mud and didn't know where
to start, if you can help me out try to point me to where to change
things or if you could even share some code I'd be more than happy to put
the credits in the opening screen:

1st: I want to implement races, I know everyone here has done so, and
that I could try to duplicate the stuff for classes, but I also want to
change the classes..:)

2nd: I'd like to change classes so you don't have to choose a class right
away, but only after level 5 or so. So the users can actually choose what
they want to be when the know what each class can and cannot do,
meanwhile they'd be just peasants.

3rd: If the earlier is not possible (or feasible) or even if it is I'd
like to see the possibility of implementing multiclasses a little more
elegantly than the public strom code (no personal offense..:)

4th: It has been asked before, but I cannot recall if it was answered,
how can I make the top level of my MUD to be 60 or maybe 100?

5th: I'd like to know if anyone has (and is willing to share) special
procedures for a mob (something like a template that can be applied to
various mobs) that reads messages from a text file and says phrases at
random and chooses exits at random and walks away from places (for a true
wanderer, so to speak), I have looked into mobprog but I think
it'd be more efficient for a simple task like this to use spec_procs.

6th: For that matter, any special procedures you are specially proud of
and would like to share with the forum for.. ahem, brainstorming, would
be good.:)

Thanks for reading so far, I hope it did sound as a request and not as a
demand, my native language is spanish and sometimes I cannot give my
mails the inflection I actually want to portray. If you can help me'd be
most apprecciated.:)

Luck to y'all

Mythago
MythagoMUD