Re: (changed to) Clans, best method?

From: Skylar (skylar@ifconfig.intserv.com)
Date: 07/03/96

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Primacy wrote:

> I JUST WANT SOME IDEAS FROM THE PEOPLE OUT THERE - SUPPOSE THIS
> QUESTION'S BEEN ASKED BEFORE.  ANYONE HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO ADD
> CLANS TO MY MUD?  AM JUST LOOKING FOR A GOOD EFFICIENT WAY TO PUT IT IN.

More info is needed; What do you want the function of clans to be?  Is it
going to be important for mobs to be in marked as in clans, now or in the
future?

If you dont care about mobs being in clans, just use one of the spare's in
the player structure, and make a GET_CLAN(ch) macro to retrieve the data.

If mobs need to be clanned as well, you can probably get along using class
as a guide, and doing the same things.  You'll need to update your mob files
then, or at least make a case in db.c that sets mobs to NOCLAN if they arent
defined right in the .mob file.

You'll also probably want a constant with clan names, so you can add it
to the who listing, and a case in do_set so you can fiddle peoples clans.