Re: CODE: Socials

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 07/04/96

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Jörgen Zigge Sigvardsson wrote:

> How's a social-editor gonna work? Cuz the socials are listed in the command-list
> as well...
>
> If it's possible I'd like to have that editor as well..

The easy way is to put social command names in the socials file, then
parse in the command list along with the messages, and make a tiny change
in interpreter.c so that if player input doesn't match any command in the
compiled list, check the social list next, and if you get a match, send
it off to do_action.  This will change some of the legal abbreviations
for socials, but with some time people will get used to it.  And to make
up for the confusion, you can allow players to add to the social list (if
you've got VERY good systax checking).

Sam