Re: Email

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 07/05/96

On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, M.A.Clubine wrote:

> How would you tell c code to email out information.  Such as everytime a
> player was created, write to the text file, and email to someone@edu?

I'm not sure if this is exactly correct (man mail to be sure), but I
think you can do something like this:

  sprintf(buf, "mail %s < newbie_help.txt &", ch->email);
  system(buf);

Assuming you have a variable ch->email for a player's email address, and
a newbi help file named as above in your lib directory (maybe put it in
lib/text instead) I think this will send the helpfile to their address.
Somebody point out the security hole in this, since I'm sure one exists.

Sam