Re: Sorry for the interruption...

From: Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira (eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)
Date: 07/10/96

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Sergey Katsev wrote:

> I know that this is going to sound like a stupid quiestion, but how do
> you install oasis olc?  I got the tar file.  I uncompressed, now what?
> Thank you in advance, Phantom

Learn how to use patch, if you are going to modify your mud with othe
people's code you'll have to learn to use it eventually.

you have to put the .patch file in the same dir as your src directory anr
run:

patch -pv < file.patch

It should run by itself, in case it encounters any problems it will
generate some .rej files (for example, act.wizard.c.rej) with the
snippets of code that didnt go in. Then you have to go through these .rej
files and make the changes manually (multisession capability seriously
recommended here..:)

Hope this helps

Greets

Mythago

Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira                  eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx
Administrador de Internet                            Internet Administrator
Proveedor de Servicio Internet                    Internet Service Provider
                                CIATEQ, A.C.
 Centro de Investigacion y Asistencia Tecnica del Estado de Queretaro, A.C.
                     http://sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx/