Re: [CODE] Event Queue (LONG)

From: Alex (3raf7@qlink.queensu.ca)
Date: 07/10/96

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Daniel C. Cotey wrote:
> 	If you don't include a comprehensive README with your files
> newbies aren't going to download it then pester you with whiney email
> asking how to add files to a makefile so they get compiled, and varoius
> other shit that fills up your mail box.  (in case you can't tell, I think
> its a good idea for people to read code to find out what it does.)

I agree that people should read the code.  I know how it feels to get
your mailbox filled up.  But, it's pretty much standard practice to
include a fairly comprehensive README file with your files so that people
can install it.  Not everyone thinks the same as you may wrt a certain
piece of code.  Lastly... the ftp site isn't just for the clued in
user... it is for the newbies and whatnot... since they are the ones
that aren't going to be able to code those things right off, whereas
more experienced imps may be able to.

As it stands... items that don't have a decent README either mailed to
me or uploaded with the file get shunted off for a while into nether
space.  They don't show up in the contrib directory.

Deal with it.  Supoorting others is a part of life.

F.
--
Erm... Yeah.  Whatever.