Re: your mail

From: Ryan A.J. Biggs (ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca)
Date: 07/11/96

> I've seen in many zones that they call for an 'undead' spec_proc, what
> should this do? what does it imply? What should an 'undead' mob do
> (besides going around the places doing 'mmmmmmhhhhmmmm' and the like)?

Don't forget dancing to Michael Jackson's music.  :)

> Has anyone here written an undead spec_proc they are particually proud
> of? or a very compact one? do you want to share with the world your vast
> knowledge?...:P

I haven't written anything, but I have made a mob class usable, and with
that you can do a lot.  How?  Define a mob class "undead"  Then if you
want it to do something special (like undead regenerate 2x as fast as
normal people) you can just add it in to the limits.  I did however make
a spell, turn undead, that was like earthquake (room affect spell) that
damaged ONLY undead.

> Actually, although some code would be great I would ilke to know exactly
> what should and 'undead' mob do...:)

I would think that moaning, groaning and dancing should be enough.  :)

Ryan A.J. Biggs    email-ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca
Doppleganger, Charon the Boatman and member of Dieties Anonymous
Owner of a 100% organic wibble and Plasma lamp, and rubber chicken
Keeper of the sacred butcher knife and the Cloak of Shadows
Compiler of the Net.Psionics.Handbook