Re: new magic system

From: Daniel C. Cotey (dccotey@brain.uccs.edu)
Date: 07/14/96

On Sun, 14 Jul 1996, David Blocher wrote:

> Actually I guess it doesn't seem that bad, the toughest part should be
> storing the state of spells on the char.
>
> has anybody done something like this and could you point me in right
> direction, maybe even a shove?

	One of the coders on our mud has done some stuff of this type,
mostly its resulted in weekly pwipes (we don't allow unkown playtesters
for a reason ;) and lots of seg faults.  Make sure you are familiar with
the way circle playerfiles and the current spell system work, and don't
let your creators try to shove 600 spells into a structure meant for 300.

 Daniel Cotey	   					 dccotey@mail.uccs.edu

   There will be a witty saying here just as soon as I have time to find one