Re: Falling from Air Rooms

From: Ryan A.J. Biggs (ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca)
Date: 07/17/96

> Perform the check in act.movement.c the same way you check if a room is a
> dt, check if the player is supposed to fall....  ie, if !IS_AFFECTED(ch,
> AFF_FLY) or whatever...

The problem with having it there is a spell like teleport, portal or a
god, can easily move a character and not have to do the do_simple_move
function.  That is why the char_to_room function would be a better spot.
It would check the instants, as it doesn't require that a character has
to walk there, and doesn't need to actually fly there.

> I have a similar thing, for scatter traps, the instant a player walks in
> they are forced to leave by a random exit.  The interesting application
> is rooms that are all scatter trapped, with only one exit.. down.. giving
> a "falling" sequence before a dt at the end :)

You are mean!  My favourite quality in a coder.  :)

Ryan A.J. Biggs    email-ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca
Doppleganger, Charon the Boatman and member of Dieties Anonymous
Owner of a 100% organic wibble and Plasma lamp, and rubber chicken
Keeper of the sacred butcher knife and the Cloak of Shadows
Compiler of the Net.Psionics.Handbook