Re: char_to_room question.

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 07/21/96

On Sun, 21 Jul 1996 linebacker@microlink.net wrote:

> I have a spec_proc that allows a character to push a
> button and it will transfer them to a single room.
> (I altered the redbutton code someone just posted)
>
> My problem is that if I use just a number in the
> call,
>
> char_to_room(ch, 3038);

Make that char_to_room(ch, real_room(3038));

ALmost all references to rooms, mobs, and objects are by real number as
opposed to virtual, so char_to_room is expecting the room's real number.
3038 is apprently beyond the top_of_world variable, so your code is
trying to access memory beyond what's allocated to room structures.

I made the same mistake several times when learning to code circle :)

Sam