[Circle] NEWBIE: I am so embarrassed

From: Mark Mc Arthey (mcarthey@execpc.com)
Date: 07/27/96

Hi all,

Keep in mind that while some of us are better imps than coders
(which have recently brought some flames.. shame shame :) ), that
others are better coders than imps.  I apparently fall into the
latter catagory.  Why do I say this?  I have a completely newbie
question that I'm hesitant to ask.
Here's the scoop.
I logged in as the first and only player on the mud (scrapped bp8
and moved to bp11).. therefore imp.  I wanted to delete my character
so I could imcrease the levels, so I typed set deleted on.  I logged
out and attempted to run the purgeplay script in the util directory
without luck.  Logging back in now allows me to create a new character,
but I am no longer implementor.  Hmm.. I seem to have completely destroyed
my implementor.  Wow!  I just had this rush of power!  :)  Ok.. it's
over - I'm still stuck. ;)

To sum up, how do I _correctly_ do a player file wipe?
(I think this should be in the FAQ).

Blushing in WI,
 Mark McArthey          `  _ ,  '
 mcarthey@execpc.com   -  (o)o)  -