Re: [Circle] Second/Third/Fourth Attack Skills

From: Linebacker (linebacker@microlink.net)
Date: 08/01/96

At 10:53 PM 7/30/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Ok I have the skills for a second/third/fourth attack defined in
spell_parser.c and spells.h and I added some
>stuff to fight.c in the void perform_violence(void)

Why not simply make the check like this:

>        if((GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_HEXA) > 0)) {
>           if(GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_HEXA) > number(1,100))
>	      if(FIGHTING(ch));<----- I would put this check earlier in the function
>                 hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED);<----- I can't
remember if you want TYPE_UNDEFINED here
also you need to update position after each hit.

>        }
This way their chance to hit increaes as the level to which that skill is
practiced
increases, (ie as their level increases). If this is too much of a chance,
increase
(1, xxx) to a number that saitifes your needs. As it is, if you can practice
SKILL_HEXA
to 95%, a character approaches a 95% chance of a that multi attack. If you
tweak the
number of practices a player can get a level, this isn't such a bad probability.
(I have mine where each succesive attack has a lesser chance than the one
preceding,
for I have a fifth attack, which obviously should not have a great a chance
for success
as second attack.)

This is near how I did it, however I don't know if my way is the most
effecient or not,
but it works great and balances well. (except the fifth attack, it is under
scrutiny as
of yet)

Chuck