[Circle] obuild and DeathTraps

From: Ice (ice@novia.net)
Date: 08/06/96

	Heyas all,

	   I am a new coder on an old circle mud running 3.0bpl10. They
	are using obuild for their creation system, and would like me to
	recode the deathtraps to be different kinds of Damage Traps.
	This way, the players stop getting pissed, and the builders will
	have the new features. The different kinds of traps are:

	1) You walk in and POW! you are hit hard (for hundreds of points
	of damage) just one time. This COULD kill you, but most likely
	just piss you off. Like a rockslide, or Avalanche, etc.

	2) You walk in and 'ooops' you are taking damage every round, but
	only in small amounts. Like 10 or 20 hps at a time. Very annoying.
	like quicksand, or a freezing room, or a room filled with noxious gas.

	Anyways, I need to recode DT's and I know | |<---this much
	about obuild. Can you awesome coders give me any ideas,
	look out fors, or helpful hints on how to do this?

	Thanks in advance, and have a very cool day!

	-Ice
	personal replies welcome
	ice@novia.net

	damn, I really need to make a sig file.. too busy coding!