Re:[Circle] [IDEAS] Idea Sharing

From: Amy & Ryan Biggs (nauvie@netcom.ca)
Date: 08/07/96

>Neway wot im suggesting is having some regualr idea home page or something
>not giving out code but ideas, (i know a few players are sbscribed to
>this list so it would make some sense) ..

Here here, I second that notion!

>I mean things such as NPC flag's interesting spells, traps etc etc
>For example a couple cool Npc flags would be
>MOB_TAR_SWITCH .. a mob switches targets during a fight.. (say to the
>wimpiest char in room)
>MOB_AGGR_RICHEST .. a mob will attack the richest mob in room...

Actually how about this.  Mobs automatically switch their attention
randomly from player to player unless they have one of the following
flags...

MOB_NOTANK (kills the player with the highest hp)
MOB_NOMAGE (takes out thee mage)
MOB_NOCLERIC (takes out the cleric)
MOB_NOSWITCH (doesn't switch targets)

I like that MOB_RICH one...specially for brigands.  Maybe make the whole
flag MOB_BRIGAND and have it when the mob kills anyone, it auto-loots too.
Wouldn't be hard, just a small patch in the same place normal auto-loot is
put with a check for that flag.

Of course if mobs can switch their attention from one player to another,
players will need a 'face' command to switch opponents.  After all, if you
are fighting a fido and a peacekeeper assists, which do you want to work on
most?  That stupid fido which is doing maybe 2 HP max a round, or the
peacekeeper, which may just kill you.

The Husband and Wife team from heck!
E-mail: nauvie@netcom.ca
Amy Biggs:  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/3461