[Circle] Re: objects in location: unknown location

From: WarRat (warrat@erinet.com)
Date: 08/11/96

At 07:02 PM 8/11/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Okay found another odd one
>
>as reported by where, which uses: print_object_location
>im finding random objects located in: unknown location
>thats the default anser for print_..... if its not in a room, a playeres
>inventory, a players EQ, or in an obj.
>What could possbily cause an obj to still be loaded, but be nowhere?

Dunno if this is the same thing, but that happens on Jedimud all the time.
It is caused (so says the imp) by people being force rented and the game not
removing their objects.  I do not know if this is true, just that I have
heard of it and that is the reason given.  (Jedi is running diku not circle
so may not apply here anyway).

  ^"^'^"^"^'^"^'^"^"^"#
                            #  \O/
10,000 lemmings#    |
can't all be wrong#   / \
                            #  .. .     warrat@erinet.com
                            #  . . .
                            # #..# .

       Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones
       against the stones.
                                  Psalms 137:9