[Circle] Background color

From: Rasmus 'Con' Ronlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 08/13/96

Hi.

Under this very informative subject is a trick question :) I found an old
letter I saved from Thomas Katz(en)berger i think it was, which explained
a good deal about adding more than those normal 8 colors, i.e. BOLD and
BACKGROUND colors. The bold colors work flawlessly, but when I start using
the background colors the 'whole line' is set to the god damn
backgroundcolor, no matter it it's just two words and a carriage return.
This doesnt look very nice, so my question here is, if anyone knows how to
make the background color the exact same 'size' of the string thats output
to the screen ?

my definition of the red background color is defined as:

#define KBACKRED "\x1B[41m"     /* Red                  (background) */
#define CCBACKRED(ch,lvl)  (clr((ch),(lvl))?KBACKRED:KNUL)

CCNRM/KNRM are the same as with the Circlemud 3.0 bpl 11 distribution.

Any help is appreciated,
Con

d.
--
     Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94      WWW: http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab
     Student instructor         MUD: exiled.mud.circlemud.org 5000