Re: [Circle] [Idea] tn3270

From: Katzlberger Thomas (cat@vuse.vanderbilt.edu)
Date: 08/20/96

You wrote:
> hello all.. I have these REALLY wacky idea.
>
> First off, it'd be really cool to put the 3270 codes for the mud,
> and the normal telnet ones.. first off.. what is 3270?
>
> 3270 is a terminal type, which goes 10x faster than normal telnet
> codes go. That would reduce lag a ton. Most places that you would
> use the command 'tn3270' (like telnet) allow telnet access too...
> so if someone doesn't have tn3270, and only had telnet they could
> still get in, but ppl WITH tn3270 could get in, and twice as fast.
> This would be cool, as a stock thing for Circle, then maybe into
> Rom and MERC, the mud clients such as Tintin++ and Zmud and Gmud
> could be updated (maybe a patch) and you could have an option to
> have 3270 emulation or not. Problem is, I don't know how much
> coding this would take on the part of Jeremy and the makers of
> these clients. Hehe, I don't even know the codes for it, or I might
> screw around with it and see if I can get it to work on a stock
> mud.
>
> anyone know where I can get these codes?
>
> Jeremy, where would I PUT these codes to get them to work?

Am I missing your point ?

You can use tn3270 to any mud - circle doesn't use any terminal
codes except for the color codes and those are the same for tn
and telnet ... so which codes are you talking about ?
I just tried tn3270 to my a mud and it works.

Circle provides only text to its users regardless of the client.

Cat.
---
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/_/  Thomas Katzlberger                                        _/_/
_/_/  katzlbt@vuse.vanderbilt.edu                               _/_/
_/_/  @aWhiteNeXT.called.garfield                               _/_/
_/_/  http://www.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/~katzlbt/                  _/_/
_/_/  "You can tune a file system, but you can't tune a fish."  _/_/
_/_/                                UNIX man page for tunefs.   _/_/