Re: [Circle] [NEWBIE] Running Under Win95

From: Mike Prior (mike.prior@neis.com.au)
Date: 08/21/96

> > > This has totally eluded me....how can I run this under Win95, or does
> > > anyone suggest another platform?
> Get Linux - it's free!

Everyone seems so quick to say "Get Linux", I've heard it a million
times, but for those of use that have never used a Unix/Linux system, we
have to learn how install it, configure it, use the operating system,
use the coding, debugging tools and try and get a "hole free" system
that's ready for production.  Some of us just don't wanna learn
Unix/Linux and also don't wanna use up part of our machines or buy a new
machine for running the MUD if we can use stuff we already have.  Posts
should be coming from people that are willing to positively help Windows
users not from people that are trying to convert us. :)  I asked the
same question when I was a newbie (which wasn't long ago) and got the
"Get Linux" response 10 times with no positive reply about using
Windows....

I'm not just directing it to the writer of this email, but all of you
who try to convert us Windows users to Linux/Unix.  Hey, Windows
mightn't be as good as Linux/Unix for running MUDs, but it's what we
know and like to use.  You're just wasting your time and everyone elses
with posts like this.  As a Windows man, please stop them...

Thanks and best regards,