Re: [Circle] Misuse of terms

From: Franco (awe@mt.arias.net)
Date: 08/21/96

I always laugh
when I see people who have no idea how to use the term "bandwith" correctly.
This mailing list
in no way wastes any of your "bandwith". It only wastes space on your hard
drive.
        I see mailing ques go out with hundreds of messages, and they don't
even come close
to denting the bandwith of the machine they are sent from, in this case
mailing list machine.
It moreso takes more drive space on the machine that this list posts from
than bandwith. Try a
newsfeed for newsgroups. Now there is a bandwith hog..over 3 mb/min where I
work, for only 4000
groups.