Re: [Circle] Roleplaying

From: ks white (white@net2.intserv.com)
Date: 08/21/96

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Chi Hoai Tran wrote:

>    When I first mentioned my idea of roleplaying, I was hoping people
> wouldnt go on a tangent and drastically change the system.  I like the

No "system changing" occured. You asked what role-playing is, and I
told you.

[snip]

What you describe sounds like what some muds like to call "semi-role-
playing". That is, there's not much role-playing, but there are things
like racial hatreds etc in the code (although you will find that
players will group with their "enemy" races if they happen to be
friends outside the game). Now now..this is just an example.
I am *not* changing your plan and trying to suggest you put in
racial hatreds or something. -shake-

> <====> I ask again, WHAT IS ROLEPLAYING ANYWAYS??? <====>

 You can keep asking until you get a definition you like, or you can
simply come up with a more accurate description for your mud. What you
are setting up is *not* a role-playing mud, and if you use that term to
people who play "serious" role-playing Muds or Mushes you will leave them
confused. If that's what you want, by all means go ahead.

-K.