Re: [Circle] [LAG] Priority ageing, optimization, ... ?

From: Franco (awe@mt.arias.net)
Date: 08/24/96

        I think that sending a 32 byte ping packet is a little less
strenous on the machine than the mud process. And most machines reply
to pings on the highest priority, and dependening on the machines useage,
the mud may not be #1 on priority.
        This is evident when one flood pings a machine that is hooked up
with a 1.5 mbit or faster link to a t1 or greater (ie this will crash the
machine, or lag it to a stop if done right)

                        =)