OFF-TOPIC: Linux Networking

From: Bubonic (bubonic@bsu-cs.bsu.edu)
Date: 09/19/96

I know that many of you are running your muds on linux which I am also
attempting to do.  I need someone's assistance in getting linux to configure fornetworking.  I have an ethernet connection in my dorm at college and have
thus far after reading numerous books, including net-2-howto, have been
unsuccessful.

If anyone would like to give it a try and help me, please email me (don't
post to the list), and I can send you all of the files and/or anything else
that you would like to see to help.

I have for some time been coding on my linux box on my mud, however
I'm getting to the point where I'd like to put it up on the internet,
but the darn connection won't work.

I know this is certainly above and beyond the call of duty for this newsgroup,
but if anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it, and even would
try to compensate you in some way, if I could actually get this working.

Oh by the way, if its important, the ethernet card I have is an SMC EtherEZ
card.

Thanks again,

Jeff Hanks
bubonic@bsu-cs.bsu.edu