Re: [code][problem] Vnum & Stat

From: grond (grond@grotl.com)
Date: 09/21/96

CL>I'm having the exact same problems.

CL>The editors work, but crashes the mud usually 5-20 seconds after saved
CL>internally.

CL>Was stable under linux, but since i've moved to sun, its useless.

CL>> We changed the $ over in zedit like was suggested to fix the problems in
CL>> redit. It worked wonderfully, but now the functions vnum and stat crash
CL>> the mud only when you vnum or stat a mob. It appears as though the
CL>> problem arises from either the mob_index function or the top_of_mobt
CL>> function since that's all that appears to be called in both functions.

Our problem was somehow the mob_proto.player.name and the users
player.name and object.player name in a few items was set to null. So I
put a check into the where, stat and vnum commands to check if it was
not a null and if so perform the operations. Fixed it up fine.

No idea where the nulls came from but that was the problem.

Grond

SENT FROM: GAME ROOM ON THE LAKE BBS (GROTL.COM)
YOUR PLACE FOR ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT
PHONE: (704) 664-6742