Re: Adding a time trigger for mprogs.

From: Eric L. Helvey (helver@newwave.net)
Date: 09/23/96

On AnotherWorld, we added time_progs something like you're suggesting.
However, we mimiced the cron function in UNIX, using a similar setup for
year/month/week/day of month/day of week/hour  so that we could
conceivably have yearly festivals, weekly events, or preprogram massive,
automatic quests.

If you end up doing it like we did, it will require a fairly large switch
statement.  However it does work quite nicely.

OBTW, we also added support for features like '*' and '..' also similar
to the UNIX cron.

Helver