Re: [IDEA] Mortals and Immortal help topics

From: Daniel W. Burke (dwb@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 09/29/96

On Sat, 28 Sep 1996, Niese-Petersen wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Sep 1996, Haddixx wrote:
>
> > I was looking through the do_help routine and noticed that there is nothing
> >
> Keyword level..
>
> Like:
>
> keywords~
> minimum level~
> help message
> ~
>
> Take a little coding, but works..  But I am in the near future going to
> take a step futher. Help depending on level and class, so a warrior, can't
> see what a clerics help, etc..

I don't understand the point of keeping help from classes for one... what
if a player decides to be a cleric, then wants to learn about the other
classes before creating a character in that class... then the player
would want to read the help on various things another class can do,
spell/skills etc...

And as far as restricting imm command help, I don't quite understand the
point in that either... what's the harm in a mortal knowing the ban command?
or freeze for that matter?

Brazil