Re: circlemud.org back up

From: Melen (melen@melen.acmenet.net)
Date: 09/30/96

On Mon, 30 Sep 1996, Jeremy Elson wrote:
> Personally, yes, I think it's in bad taste to have a bot on an IRC channel
> to advertise a MUD.  But I know a lot better than to ever waste my time on
> something futile like trying to control an IRC channel :-).

I know this is kinda a stupid situation (heh, believe me I know;), I just
wanted to say that no bots advertise my mud. Once a day I change my topic
to "Allanthya MUD: Telnet to mad.eshores.com port 4000", but many other
mud's addresses have been up there. The bots are merely there for 'peace
of mind' (heh).

Anyways, lemme know if you run into a problem with that perl stuff. It
can be a pain in the butt to setup.

Melen