Re: CircleMUD update from the author!

From: Niese-Petersen (Tenp@cris.com)
Date: 10/01/96

Hi.

  Wanna thank you [And I think everyone else should too] for that great
work you have been doing on CircleMUD.  And I hope all people will be
patient enough, not to sworm you with questions, "when will this and that
be done?"... Keep up the good work..

  I don't know, if anyone have given you this idea [which I'm working on
right now, for 3.0bpl11] as an add for the future circle versions:

  Drop array world database system and make AVL tree structure for zones,
rooms, mobiles and objects..

  Already know by now, its a big hassle. But I think it make a few things
easier:

1) OLC control. Insert/delete zones, rooms, mobs and objs. will be very
   easy.
2) remove the "100 limit" on virtaul numbers.
   At the moment, the system I'm working on can have 32k zones, which all
   can include 32k rooms, 32k mobs and 32k objs.. Ofcoz no one is going to
   have that much, but I really dislike the virtual numbers, as they
   are right now :) [It is done by spliting the old virtual up to two
   numbers (zone# : virtual#) ]

 Just an idea :)

---
Erik Niese-Petersen
Aka Quint The typo God
Realms of Darkness IMP [matrix.xiii.com 6666. Playertesting/Heavy modifying]