Re: [NEWBIE] load room

From: Jonathan Blackhawke (hawke@excalibur.net)
Date: 10/05/96

Ok, I finally got it pinpointed what has been going on.  I figured out that
every suggestion that had been given here had been saving the location as a
room number (the number that the room was loaded -- ie. in zone 0 we have
room vnums of 0, 1, 3, 4, 99 which correspond to room numbers of 0, 1, 2,
3, 4).  Well, when the mud loaded, it loaded that room number as a vnum (in
otherwords if you saved in room 99, you came back in room 4 -- or if you
did not have a room 4, you'd end up in the void, 0).  So, I played around a
little and did figured out that what is needed is to do the following:
Locate:
      save_room = ch->in_room;
Change to:
      save_room = world[ch->in_room].number;
And have:
   save_char(ch, save_room);
below it.  Simple, but baffeling.  I've only done mods in act.other.c under
the do_quit and do_save commands.  I have not modified any other location
yet.
     I do want to express my deepest thanks for the people who have helped
me in pinpointing this along with me.  If someone sees a problem with what
I have done above, please let me know.  :)

Patrick