Re: [NEWBIE] Mobprogs

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/11/96

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Nic Suzor wrote:

> Hi,
> this is a resend, as i sent this a while ago, and i assume that either my
> mail did not get through or mail replying was overlooked :)
> i have been trying to install the mobprog patch for bpl11, and everything
> goes in nicely, but when i try to compile, i get hundreds of error messages:
>
> [snip]

  Put in the lines:

    #include "sysdep.h"
    #include "conf.h"

  At the top of any .c files missing it that are compiled into CircleMUD
  pl11.  This should fix a few of your problems (if not them all).  Also,
  for the dereferencing, undefined, etc. errors make sure those are
  defined in a header file (probably structs.h), if they aren't, you'll
  have to add them in.  Chances are you tried to apply a patch that gave
  you rejects on structs.h and did not add any of the information you
  need to structs.h; look for .rej files and manually add in the rejected
  code using the line numbers and context it gives you.

  BTW, in .rej (and diff -c generated files) '+' means add the line,
  '-' means remove the line, '!' means change the line.

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me, father, for I am sin"
  "Actually, I think that was the same cow" -- Twister