Re: flashing ansi code

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/13/96

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Brian Williams - Nashak wrote:

> well, the \x1B[5m ansi code doesn't work for flashing.. so I was wondering
> if anyone could tell me the one that does? \x1B[4m is underline I know..
> and 5m is supposed to be flashing.. thanks in advance

  Once again, this is related to your CLIENT/SERVER not the MUD.  The ANSI
  specification states that '5' is the flash code; the MUD is not doing
  anything special with the codes, except sending them.  Thus, the only
  reason why '5' wouldn't work for flashing is because you don't support
  it.  \x1b[5;1;37m gives me flashing bright white, but if you don't
  support flashing you'll only get gright white, if you don't support
  intense you'll get flashing gray, if you don't support either you'll
  just get gray.

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me father, for I am sin."