Re: [Newbie] [Code]

From: George (gagreer@ham.muohio.edu)
Date: 10/14/96

On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Daniel wrote:

> > 1.  I have made a Paladin class and am working on Anti-Paladin's and
> > Bard's.  My question is: how can I make it so that if a Paladin is not
> > of good align, he/she loses the ability to cast spells and use skills?

The earlier idea for in do_cast sounds good.

>   How far are your races implemented??  I have my races in, but you can't
> tell what race anyone is, the descriptors are there and I have tried to
> throw in a few but was rejected....That and the Implementor can't use the
> set command to change the race either.....Kind of annoying, if ya know
> what I mean.

ACMD(do_set)
{
[snip] In that BIG set structure:

   { "race",            LVL_IMPA,       BOTH,   NUMBER },    /* 48  RACE

Elsewhere in do_set: (model parse_race after parse_class)

  case 48: <- Or whatever number is what you just added above
    if ((i = parse_race(*val_arg)) == CLASS_UNDEFINED) {
      send_to_char("That is not a valid race.\r\n", ch);
      return;
    }
    GET_RACE(vict) = i;
    break;