Re: [Newbie] Paladin Skills

From: Ron Hensley (ron@cross.dmv.com)
Date: 10/15/96

On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Nicholas S. Wourms wrote:

> Hi, I'm what you would probably consider a newbie coder :).
>
> My problem is this:  I have implemented a paladin class on my mud.  The
> class works great, and is cool and everything...except for one small
> problem.  Whenever I try to use Warrior skills that I have assigned to
> the class (such as kick), I get the message "You'd better leave all the
> martial arts to fighters...".  I have isolated this problem in do_kick in
> act.offensive.c, I just need to know how to add CLASS_PALADIN to the "if
> GET_CLASS(ch) != CLASS_WARRIOR" statement, so that Paladins will be able
> to use warrior skils.  C'mon all ya coders out there, show me yer stuff! :P
change:
  if (GET_CLASS(ch) != CLASS_WARRIOR)
to:
  if ((GET_CLASS(ch) != CLASS_WARRIOR) && (GET_CLASS(ch) !=CLASS_PALADIN))

Or to save typing add something like:
  #define IS_FIGHTER(ch)          (!IS_NPC(ch) && \
                                ((GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_RANGER) || \
                                (GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_PALADIN) || \
                                (GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_RAIDER)))

To utils.h

Then that code up top becomes a simple:
  if (!IS_FIGHTER(ch))

Note the ranger/paladin/raider is from my code as those are my 3 fighter
types, that follow many of the same rules like being able to kick.