Re: [ADMIN] Copyright issues

From: Steve Reeves (dormammu@voicenet.com)
Date: 10/16/96

>You know, that's a damn good idea. I never thought of/heard of that before.
>US postal system postmark dates would be legally recgonized. Hmm. Guess some
>people will be mailing their muds to themselves. :)

Just as a miscellanious-useless piece of information.. that idea has
actually been around a while and is called a "Poor Man's Copyright" and
offers less protection than a "real" one.  [I dunno the differences, but I
read it once on a web page that talked about the whole Internet-copyright
thing TSR started up a few years back when they realized people on the
Internet/BBSes were using 'copyrighted' terms like the word 'Dungeons' and
'Dragons' .. heh.. they seemingly ignored a court order to stop that
foolishness.. actually, I'm not to sure what happened.. I just know TSR is
still on that wierd power trip]  :>

Steve