Re: Copyright laws

From: Jack Wilson (deejay@cu-online.com)
Date: 10/18/96

Travis Oakley wrote:
> about this area copyright thing...
> i wouldnt think you would be able to copyright an area, since you got the
> base from Diku, or whatever mud you made the area from...

*nog*  Likewise, Microsoft owns the copyright to every document ever
created with MS Word.  :)

It's always more fun to make up facts than to read up on the law;
certainly, I've found this discussion entertaining.

However, if you'd like the truth about how copyright works, I
suggest y'all do your own research. A good place to start is Brad
Templeton's Copyright Myths FAQ.  You can find it posted on the USENET
newsgroup news.announce.newusers and on the web at:

   http://www.clari.net/brad/copymyths.html

And once you've done so, please let this thread die, ok?  :)

Alex, could you add a link to that FAQ from your mailing list FAQ?

--
[----- Jack Wilson ------- mailto:deejay@cu-online.com ----------------]
[--- Home page: http://www.cu-online.com/~deejay/ ---------------------]