Re: parse error??

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/19/96

On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, Chi Hoai Tran wrote:

>      Yes, funny that, but let me tell you what I have done -
>      recoded the entire save object file format, made so much
>      changes to fight.c I dont even recognise it anymore *laugh*,
>      well, its too long to list - you have to realise that I am
>      re-coding my SECOND version of the mud that has been up for two
>      years now.
>
>      And I aint talking about just having heaps of extra spells and
>      skills - I am talking about re-coding gameplay, how players gain
>      xp, how they lose levels when they die.  And heh, I dont even
>      have a damn titles[] array anymore.
>
>      And I am talking about a 30MB circle directory.  Heh, lets see,
>      my builders can make mobs that casts spells without having
>      to know any C code, and no, I aint using mobprog.  All the code
>      are original because we (the coding team and I) are paranoid
>      about bugs.
>
>      So, next time someone says they have done extensive mods, please
>      dont try to imply otherwise - its not appreciated.  And yes,
>      I have tried using the patches and they took eternity - so I'd
>      rather not, so dont imply they I dont know how to either..sheesh.

  Okay, let me tell you about what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about
  no levels, no classes, 200+ spells, completely recoded spell templates,
  an entirely new parser, an extremely complicated race implementation
  that has affects everywhere throughout the code, a completely rewritten
  fight.c, seven new files (parser.c, nanny.c, newbie.c, etc.), entirely
  event driven source coed, dynamically added socials, completely changed
  room/obj/mob file formats (COMPLETELY), most of the comm.c code has
  been changed, no mana, etc., etc.  Too numerous to even go on, but I've
  done a lot.  Looking at my MUD can tell you that.  So don't try to
  disprove me when I'm making perfect sense.

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me father, for I am sin."