Re: redit solution

jmlemke@icaen.uiowa.edu
Date: 10/19/96

> Well I'd hardly call myself a unix wizard but try typin ps -aux
> and kill the autorun pid #

Well, that won't do it.. I can't open a process on port 2222 even when
there are no autoruns going.  Something else seems to be hogging port
2222, and I wanna know what it is.. ;) ps doesn't tell me anything about
what might be using that port, and when I tried netstat, all it told me
were that there were connections hanging on 2222, but not that there was
a process up.. All the connections that were hanging were recognized as
sites that my imm staff usually connects from.. Any way to tell what
process is hogging 2222?

--Pegasus of OnyxMUD