Re: Political bullshit

From: Steve Reeves (dormammu@voicenet.com)
Date: 10/22/96

>I beseech you fellow mud implementors to supply your input on the following
>question:
>
>What specifically makes a particular person the owner of
>a particular MUD?
  hmm.. Let's hope my answer here doesn't start a flame war or anything,
but, in my
view, I think the person who 'owns' the MUD is probably the person who pays for
the site.  That definition of ownership, however, is the most general I can
think of.
I think what you might've meant by that question is 'How do you determine
who is in charge of the MUD?'  [Although, I'm tired here, and I might be
interpreting this incorrectly.]  That's a little different.  I'd say that's
probably the person who directs
the activity of all the coders and builders.  Or, it could be the person
everyone looks
upon for the 'Final Say' in any matter.  I guess it really depends on the
attitude of the
players & Gods of that particular MUD.

However, I'd also be interested in hearing what others have to say.

Steve