Multi-attack

MAALEXAN@am.pnu.com
Date: 10/28/96

RH Green writes:

>I have just installed the snippet that does multi attacks. But when a
>monster is close to death the mud crashes when it is hit repeatedly ?? any
>ideas how to avoid this ??? Sorry about hasseling you.

This happened to me too.  I wrote a routine that calculated the number of
attacks one obtained as a function of haste/slow and multi-attack status.
It then called hit from fight.c the requested number of times.  The routine
worked fine until the mob died when the mud crashed.

According to gdb termination occurred at this line in the hit function in
fight.c:

  if (ch->in_room != victim->in_room) {
    if (FIGHTING(ch) && FIGHTING(ch) == victim)
      stop_fighting(ch);

Puzzled, I pulled the multi-attack code and plan to write another that
doesn't involve sequential calls to hit.  I fear this alternate method may
be too slow, however, and so I am reluctant to pursue it.  If a solution
for this crash problem has been identified it would be much appreciated.