Re: flamey

From: Yoink! (xombi@accessus.net)
Date: 10/28/96

*lurk mode disengaged*
*whining mode on*

There's worse on here than patch only users.  You mention it in passing,
but what kills me are the people who wish to _RUN_ a mud when they don't
know C or C++, or any knowledge of unix.

The problem with circlemud is the proplem with to much of the 'net,
newbies can jump in without getting their feet wet first.

I don't care if you don't like my ideas (such as you are a dweeb if you
don't have the proper background for imping a mud.)  Learn to code, get a
book on unix/linux and get some expience.   Now stop and think. Especially
over the last two weeks, if everyone had done this, how many messages
would have been sent to this mailing list?

I think the persistant newbie-ness of the questions drives off experienced
programmer's/mud admins like the plague.  Other than the Dup eq posts and
the improved editor, most of the recent circle mailing list is junk mail.
The rest is "I don't know what i'm doing in c/unix/linux."  Hardly Circle
at all.

*whining mode off*
*lurk mode initiated*
 \ \\   / //                "If I were a dinosaur, I'd be a licalottapus!"
  \ \\ / //  _____  __       __ ______  ___       -Jonathan "Jax" Armsterd
   / /\ \\ ||     |||| \\ // || ||    \\| ||        Harder to killfile!
 /_//   \_\\       In God We Trust. All others pay cash.