Re: [PORTING] Dec Alpha

From: Steve Thompson (stevet@vt.edu)
Date: 10/29/96

> Anyone remember what exactly that little #include is?
> or has it been fixed?
> or done it on aplha?

No, *shrug*, yes :)  This is what I had to do to get it working on my DEC
Alpha with dUUNIX 3.2c:

I put #ifndefs around these references in comm.h.

u_long htonl, u_long ntohl, int read, int write, & int connect

so it looks something like:
#ifndef OSF
#ifndef write
   int write();
#endif
#endif    /* OSF */

Then I put a #define OSF somewhere, prolly at the top of comm.h, it could
just as easily be in the makefile as a -D option.  This will fix the problem
:)  There is probably a better way to do it, but I was too lazy to do that
and I don't feel like going back and hunting up a better solution, since I
am working on a DECStation with Ultrix now.

Maybe in pl12 someone will rig up the configure to do that for us, or
something. :)

-Steve

--
   Stephen C. Thompson