Re: [Circle] Personal Profiles

From: Yoink! (xombi@accessus.net)
Date: 11/02/96

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, John C. A. Bambenek, Esq. wrote:

> Has anyone tinkered with the concept of having player profiles, similar
> to a finger, in the MUD environment.  Also something like lastons as
> well. . .Here is a prototype of what would be in this "finger".
>
> Player name :
> Player Hometown
> Race/Class :
> Guild :
> Demeanor (ie alignment) :
> Position (RolePlay purposes) :

> etc etc

> Any ideas on how to approach it?

Not hard to do.  Something similar is on Elite mud, where you finger a
player and get his Who listing and some player-defined text.  Instead of
reading in that player's text, you would read in the info you have above.

I'm not much for psuedo-code, I'll leave it to someone else.

 \ \\   / //                "If I were a dinosaur, I'd be a licalottapus!"
  \ \\ / //  _____  __       __ ______  ___       -Jonathan "Jax" Armsterd
   / /\ \\ ||     |||| \\ // || ||    \\| ||        Harder to killfile!
 /_//   \_\\       In God We Trust. All others pay cash.