Re: [Circle] Finger Daemon

From: Project Leader McCoy (icarus@berkshire.net)
Date: 11/03/96

Talk to your sysadmin before running a finger daemon on his (or her)
system.  It can give away information to potential hackers - most notably,
the userids to try first.  If you can run your MUD, this shouldn't be a
problem, but it's better to be sure.

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, M.A.Clubine wrote:

> Does anyone know of a finger daemon written in c that allows you to
> change the port number?  It is for a Sun OS system, but if it's written
> in c it shouldn't matter.  All I can seem to find are winsock finger daemons.

                          "The human brain is like an enormous fish --
   icarus@berkshire.net    it is flat and slimy and has gills through
                           which it can see." - Monty Python