re:[Circle] [oasis] Ack... it crashes! Help!

From: Ole Gjerde (gjerde@plains.nodak.edu)
Date: 11/04/96

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, root wrote:
> Hmm, what system are you compiling at ? rs6000 AIX ?
> I've had the same problems and am busy with totaly rewiting
> oasis so it runs on the rs6000. Mail me if you want hints.

Oasis crashes on any system.. It is one of the things it does well.
I've had many problems with it, and continue to.  One bug is that if you
leave extra descriptions for rooms(I think), then it will crash while
saving to the disc and wipe your .wld file at the same time.
My biggest problem right now is medit, which is extremely buggy.  For now
I think I'll let the builders stick with dikued until I fix Oasis. :)

----
Ole Gjerde
Homepage: http://www.pconline.com/~gjerde
Email: gjerde@plains.nodak.edu, gjerde@pconline.com
Studying Computer Science at North Dakota State University
"Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."
                                                  -- Unknown/Nem Schlecht