Re: [Circle] Mailing list suggestions...

From: Alex (fletcher@cspo.queensu.ca)
Date: 11/06/96

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Thomas Katzlberger wrote:
> > Do I sense the beginnings of a circle-newbie mailing list?
>
> I would vote for it.
>
> How about this idea:
>
> Make 2 lists, publish the first one (e.g this one at the web pages)
> and make a second one Circle Advanced <circleplus@cspo.queensu.ca>.

I remember the last time something like this tried to happen.  If I recall
correctly, the same posts ended up getting posted to both mailing lists,
and it was a total an utter waste of time.  I would be interested in
trying to figure something out like this, but the only way I can even
conceive of splitting them would be to have a moderated 'ideas' list and
the current unmoderated 'circlemud' list... of course, at the same time,
it could even be conceivable to have the 'ideas' list as a generic mud
list and not just narrowed down to specifically CircleMUDs.

Any comments on something like this?  I can't promise anything for the
next few weeks, being swamped with work and having an important final
coming up soon (the pass or fail out kind)... but comments and further
ideas are more than welcome.

--
Erm... Yeah.  Whatever.