Re: [Circle] Ackkk...Morts are becomin immorts

From: Superman (wolfpak@cyberverse.com)
Date: 11/10/96

On Sat, 9 Nov 1996, Nicholas S. Wourms wrote:

> Dear Coders,
> 	We are experincing a /MAJOR/ problem on our mud.  There is a bug
> that allows level 30 morts to gain enough exp to get to level 31
> (immort).  Any ideas on where this is is caused (what .c file or .h?).
> And mabye you could give me a hint on how to solve it.  Thanks in advance!

	Lost's of suggestions to just change the xp required, in class.c,
to get to level 31(immortal). In the routine do_gain there is a while
loop... it looks like this:

    while (GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMMORT &&
	GET_EXP(ch) >= titles[(int) GET_CLASS(ch)][GET_LEVEL(ch) + 1].exp) {

	Just change that "LVL_IMMORT" to a 30. That way if the character
is level 30, it wont advance their level. You might want to also add some
code so that once the character gains all the xp they need to get to
level 31, they dont get xp for kills anymore. They can still gain the xp
from the rounds of combat, but not from the actual killing of the mob.
I've ran into some rather minor problems with this.

				-Superman