Re: [Circle] race dependant spells

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 11/11/96

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Andrew Jones wrote:

> Okie how about this instead why not add an identifer for the spell
> definitions like class in class.c, you know like:
> 	spell_level(SPELL_HEAL, CLASS_CLERIC, RACE_HUMAN, 16);

Well, then it's only for Human Clerics.  What if you want it
for Dwarven and Elven Clerics, too?  Then you get:

  spell_level(SPELL_HEAL, CLASS_CLERIC, RACE_HUMAN, 16);
  spell_level(SPELL_HEAL, CLASS_CLERIC, RACE_ELF, 16);
  spell_level(SPELL_HEAL, CLASS_CLERIC, RACE_DWARF, 16);

As if there wasn't enough repition with the fact that you
have to do those individually for each class, think of the
mess you'll get when you want Human, Orc, and Dwarven warriors
or thieves to get a skill AND Elven thieves, too.  That means
you'll end up with 8 repitions just to assign that one skill
to a range of classes and races.  Also, what if you don't
want that one particular skill race restricted?  It ends up to
be more of a bother than not.

The method I posted not too long ago should work out a bit
better.  Personally, I removed classes and levels and the whole
fool way of assigning spells and skills to things... :O~

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com