Re: [Circle] Calling a ACMD(do_blah) command

From: Derek L. Karnes (dkarnes@mystech.com)
Date: 11/20/96

Bruce, Ray, Phil wrote:

> How do you call a ACMD(do_blah) command from another .c file? I need to
> dismount a character when they die in fight.c, and I need to call
> do_dismount, what would I need to put in?

   void (name)(struct char_data *ch, char *argument, int cmd, int
subcmd)

for example: do_look(ch, "", 0, 0);

I call my own unmount(rider, mount) function from the functions
stop_follower(), raw_kill(), do_trans(), do_quit() and most anywhere
else that char_from_room() is called. I didn't spend TOO much time on
it, but thinking about it now it might good to put it in extract_char()
and that would let me take it out of several other places in the code...

The unmount() function simply removes the AFF_MOUNT affection from the
rider and mount. You should add checks for both rider and mount so you
can use the function even if the rider or mount has already left the
game.

i.e;

if (rider)
  blah...